Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Margie Church News Letter




Adult content. Must be over the age of 18 to read this newsletter.

Happy Autumn!

This is my favorite season. It inspires me in so many ways, so I thought I'd share a few poems I wrote. The forest road is an actual photograph in the arrowhead region of Minnesota. It's the near the lake that's shown on the cover of Nopeming Shores, too. Do you ever write poetry?
This month I'm also celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary. I know - I was a child bride. wink wink I'm proud of this accomplishment and we look forward to the special plans we have. My husband and I are even sneaking away for a long weekend away.
And when I look up
I see you
caught between the glory
and death of summer.
I weep for dreams lost in summer's green cape
now shrouded in autumn's magnificent splendor
Though different
the sight is inspiring
as you are
when our thoughts meet
forever changed.
©Margie Church
I'm deep into my newest novel - Its working title is: I am Jolene. It's a story about a young woman named Jolene. Here's the working blurb:
A childhood marred by torture, neglect, and murder have not destroyed Jolene's spirit. She immerses herself in her work as a baker, determined to create a happier, peaceful life. She's well on her way to accomplishing her goal until she meets Brendan.
Brendan is attracted to the compassion he senses hidden beneath Jolene's cool veneer. Although he's not looking for love, he falls hard for this beautiful, quiet woman.
Brendan awakens Jolene to possibilities she'd never dared dream of. Is he man enough to accept her dark past and give her love and happiness?
On the surface, this may sound like a romance, but in its totality, this book is women's fiction. There will be romance toward the end, but the majority of the story is about Jolene's journey (and no, that's not going to be the title either) to make peace with her past and get the most she can out of life.
I've got two literary agents interested in it. That is very exciting. Who knows where that could take me? In the meantime, I'll keep writing. My goal is to finish the novel by Thanksgiving.
What else? I'm starting the second book of the Razor series with K.B. Cutter. It'll be titled Razor: Love's Storm and I hope we can get that wrapped up by Christmas. Look for a brand new cover for the first book, too. It's being worked on now to help us launch a series instead of a single title.
Nopeming Shores is going to get some repositioning in the market, too. After a big aha moment, I realized this book also is women's fiction. The cover is going to get adjusted and the book will be reloaded into this broader more appropriate genre. The book is certainly a love story, but it's not a romance. I hope I'll have great news to share about the changes in Razor and Nopeming Shores.

click Me
Fall into Love Contest! Click on me to enter contest
My Fall into Love Contest ends October 7. Click on the pretty tree to find out how to participate. It's not too late! I'm giving away autographed books, gift cards, and more. It's my way of thanking you for being such terrific fans.
October 4: 4 Strong Women: http://fourstrongwomen.blogspot.com/ Find out what it's like to be a wife and mother to a family of hunting men.
October 23 and 24: My bestseller, Night Music goes on tour. The number of days are short, but the destinations are many. You'll have to check my Facebook wall to see where I'll be.
October 30: 4 Strong Women – I come back for a second serving of hunting stories. Find out how deer hunting almost ruined Christmas last year.
***
I hope you're having a great autumn. As the days get shorter and cooler, don't forget to curl up with a good romance to keep you warm. My back list keeps growing. Find me on Amazon, Barns & Noble, Apple, Sony, and ARe.
Please keep in touch. I love hearing from you.
Margie
***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment