Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Interview with Author Regina Carlysle


 Hi Regina and welcome to Topaz Promotions Blog. We are really excited about your newest release Lawman!



What inspired your release?


This book was really inspired by readers of the High Plains Shifters series (Ellora’s Cave) who wanted Gabe and Katalin’s story. It was a long time coming, too, and I feel badly about that. In the end, I simply loved writing the story and though I thought this might be the last in the series, now I’m not so sure about that. Funny how a new hero can step from behind a curtain, introduce himself and then start making demands.

Where can we purchase this book?


 This book can be purchased as an ebook directly from Ellora’s Cave or from Amazon Kindle and Barnes and Noble.
Buy it here at Ellora’s Cave


How do you get into the head of your characters when writing a sex scene? 


 It’s all about imagination and reminding myself that, at the moment, I am THIS character and no one else. I especially like writing male POV…very fun for me.

Are your stories plot or character driven?

 Very much character driven. What motivates characters to do what they do is fascinating.

Do you think of yourself as a storyteller or a story builder? 

 A story builder, for sure. In writing paranormal it’s a must because you are creating an entire mythos and ‘world’. The way that world is crafted determines the ‘rules’ for my characters. For me, it’s the same with my contemporary Texas stories. Drawing the reader into a setting you’ve created is very important.

 

Is there something you would refuse to write into a story?

 Any type of abuse is a definite no no along with the other ‘ick’ stuff. I doubt I would ever insert a m/m scene because I frankly don’t think I’d be able to do it realistically.

What is the biggest misconception about writing erotica?

 Funny. There are a lot of them out there but I have to constantly tell people that NO, I don’t actually do all this stuff. I am not in the least sexually adventurous. I just simply have a vivid imagination.

What kind of reactions do you get from your family about the types of stories you write?

 Ah, well, my immediate family is proud of the fact I was brave enough to reach for my dreams yet they’ve never read anything I’ve written. The same could be said for my extended family. In fact, I think my mom is rather embarrassed about what I do…but that’s another story. LOL.

How do you feel about the current attitude towards erotic romance fiction in the mainstream?

There’s a big wide ‘reading world’ out there. YAY for us. Something for everyone but honestly, erotic romance isn’t all that more explicit than what we hear on the radio or see in movies. We’re constantly pushing the envelope but we HAVE to. Things that might have been taboo even ten years ago are far more commonplace in arts and entertainment.



Do you ever take things from your real life and put it in your books?

 Constantly (and no…not sex…lol). I’m always coming up with a problem for my characters that might have plagued a friend or family member in the past. Self-esteem issues, lack of trust, divorce and that fear of taking the leap again. Most issues I address in my stories are things that people struggle to overcome every day.


What do you remember about your first love?
 He had beautiful blond hair and wore braces.


Does where you live inspire your writing?

Absolutely. I’m a Texan and all of my stories (with one or two exceptions) are set in the Lone Star State. Even my paranormals.


  
What makes you blush?

 Compliments. Definitely. 


Finish this sentence: if I could change one thing about myself it would be…

 I would be a little more slim and trim and less FLUFFY. My hair would be thick and beautiful. I would be younger. Oh wait…you asked for one. LOL. I could keep going with this one.



Buy Link:



 Lawman Book Blurb: 


Book 5 in the High Plains Shifters series.

In the deep of night she longs for him. Mate, lycan, lover. Her lawman. As Katalin Petrova struggles to control her wild and untamed “gift”, she yearns for the only man who can make her whole. His every touch burns, searing her with unimaginable pleasure. Only her strong, protective lover can tame the wild yearnings of her body and help her claim the power of her ancestors.

While Gabriel Dunham, lycan lieutenant of the Wolf Creek Pack, watches over his intended mate, his patience to claim her nears an end as savage need burns his body. Consumed by unbridled lust, he claims her, takes her, hoping it will be enough to protect Katalin from unseen forces determined to rip her from his arms.


Thank you Regina for taking the time to talk to us!


3 comments:

  1. You so rock Regina. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Regina! Good to see you! Enjoyed your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interview, and the book! Oh, and you're beautiful, whether dressed to the nines or kicking your feet up.

    ReplyDelete